A couple of months ago we realized that we had mice in our garage! LOVELY!! But they seemed to have moved on a few days after we noticed them. They had obviously just gotten better at disguising their presence. This morning I went into the garage to get something out of the fridge and heard a full on party taking place in my "Fall Decor" clear plastic (with lid) container. I gently pried the lid off and very VERY carefully started moving around my Indian Corn and garland. Very. Carefully. My Indian Corn was bare to the cob! BARE, I tell you! It was on!!! I moved the plastic container outside and started removing pieces one by one. The golfers out back were loving me and my 'girly' screams!! Well, I finally found the problem...two mice the size of cows (I kid you not...wait til you see the pictures...) were destroying my fall decorations!! I threw everything away (mom, I can see you shaking your head!) and realized the mice aren't able to climb out of the box without all of the stuff in there to climb on. It's time for new stuff anyway, right? So, how did this little adventure end? Well, I put the lid back on the container with the little guys inside and decided to leave it for Jeff!! What'd ya think I'd do??






4 Shout Outs:
It is a shame that all your decorations were destroyed. It took me a couple of seconds before I saw the mouse. The cow stood out more, so I didn't see the mouse sitting there posing for the picture. Ha Ha
Oh, mice the size of DECORATIVE cows. Big difference!! It's a good thing my family wasn't there...they would've become temporary "pets"...great for home school science!! :)
I'm totally laughing at what the golfers must've been thinking about all your girly screams!! :p
I like how you say 'family' like it would be the 'boys' that wanted the mice. Remember that time we found baby mice under the fridge and you caught them and shoved them (all 4 of them) into the little tiny drawers of the Chuck E. Cheese toy you had?? Oh my! We are soooooo different! I don't do dirt much less mice (regardless of how cute) or snakes. You caught plenty of those in your day, too! ICK!!!
Umm, yes of course by family I meant to include myself as well, LOL!! I'm sure I would've thought they were cute, although the startle factor might have made me scream first! :)
Post a Comment