As we were finishing up our tasty (spaghetti) dinner this evening, Nicholas asked if we could play a game. I asked him what he had in mind and he suggested some sort of Nerf dart war, hide and seek type game. Well that sounded a little too exhausting and quite possibly very noisy so I suggested something else entirely. I explained to the boys that when I was growing up Aunt Jenny, Uncle Chris, and I used to play this game where we would blindfold each other and feed each other "treats" (which pretty much meant anything that would not kill us) from the kitchen. Now, we were much crueler to each other than a mommy would have been. I can remember being fed everything from pimento (the kind you cook with...not the kind with a big fat, tasty green olive wrapped around it) to a teaspoon full of blue food coloring (good one Jenny). Aaah, I can feel the love just reminiscing about it. Thank you wonderful sibling people!! As the excitement built from our discussion and I assured and reassured them that, yes, Uncle Chris did actually use to play this game...they were up and off in search of blindfolds. What fun! Who knew they would be so willing to open their little mouths not knowing what was coming next. I remember having to beg and plead with my jaw to get it to open for the next bite. I must admit the powder donuts were the favorite and the bell pepper...well not so much!! I was running out of options so I started dipping into the baby food supply. I gave them a few apple bits from the Gerber Graduate Toddler freeze dried apple bits bag and Nicholas actually asked me if I had given him teeth? TEETH?? Yes, folks...I have a plethora of them!
The happy participants!!

"Mom, are you freakin' kidding me?"
"Yah, I'm not really diggin' this either!!"
Not too sure about the grape...feels kind of like an eyeball.
Happy "graham cracker" covered baby!!
Suckin' it up and being a good sport.
Another pretty good sport!
MOM!! Are these TEETH?? Gross!






4 Shout Outs:
Your boys are braver than me---I might play this game with the right people. With two brothers and one younger sister, there would be no way I would play with them! Especially now. At least, as a Mom you are nicer to your boys than Jen (blue food coloring???) was to you! Does sound like fun though. Jeff wouldn't play??
I totally don't remember the blue food coloring! Sounds pretty tame, though. I remember things like tabasco sauce, the juice out of Mom's fancy jalapeno container, vinegar, etc. I was a good sister, though, and threw in marshmallow fluff from time to time!
Get out, you really don't remember the food coloring? Listen, you can fess up now...I'm pretty sure you won't be punished for it 20 years later (right Mom?). Egads! That was a long time ago. It didn't taste like much but it really did a number on our teeth, gums, and tongue. Eeeew, I forgot about the vinegar!!
I remember the worst was a spoonful of Crisco shortening. It had the texture of peanut butter but was totally gross because it was so slick. I'm not so sure you should have brought the game back.
Post a Comment