Saturday, October 11, 2008

My 'lil Pumpkins!!

We thought it might be fun to take advantage of our beautiful fall weather (it is 65 degrees outside) and go out and find a pumpkin patch. Jeff had to work today so I loaded up the boys and we were off. We found a cute little patch not too far from the house.

Caden LOVED all of the pumpkins! He would get very upset any time we tried to move on to another section of the pumpkin patch. He even tried to eat one (or two) of the little pumpkins.

What's a pumpkin patch without a corn maze? Not a very fun one in my boys' book. This was the hardest maze we've ever experienced. We seriously could not get out and ended up having to backtrack to the beginning. Luckily, we were not the only ones that had to do that.

This is our little "mini" but no, he's not for sale! He did like these Caden sized pumpkins though... it was probably because he could pick them up and hold them. These are the ones he was trying to eat. We did end up buying some of them to put in a vase but they are currently in need of a hot soapy soak in the sink. I do NOT do dirt! Even with three boys. Imagine that!

Look at the size of these durn things!!

"I LOVE my mommy, she rocks!!"

This is the best (yes, you heard me right) picture I got of the threesome. And I took plenty. I guess it's simply impossible to get each of them looking at the camera at the same time so two out of three ain't bad!! We did enjoy our afternoon at the pumpkin patch!

4 Shout Outs:

John and Jill said...

Looks like tooo much fun!! The girls and I are going to the pumpkin patch next week. Can't wait! John and Jacob are in Wyoming FREEZING their butts off. Anything for an Elk!

Don't you just LOVE fall??!! This weather is so awesome!

Jenny said...

I so totally hear you on how hard it is to get them all to look at the camera and smile at the same time!! We did pictures today, too!

I love your pumpkin patch pictures! Hopefully we'll be able to find something like that while we're on the road next week. If nothing else, we can hopefully get some photos in the beautiful New England fall foliage.

Oh, I don't think I've EVER seen pumpkins as big as the ones in that one photo!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you doing things on your own. This is not the Stefanie I raised. It looks like the trip was a success.

Krisinda said...

Awesome pumpkin patch photos. We went today - can't wait to upload ours.