Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The "Tahoe Express"

I just read about this wonderful holiday activity and thought I'd share it with all of you. We will be adding this activity to our holiday festivities and traditions and it will look something like this....

Jeff and I will pick an evening unbeknownst to the kiddos to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Here's where the fun and excitement begins.

The boys will get ready for bed...jammies on, teeth brushed, etc. just like every other night. But when they pull back the covers to climb into bed, they'll find a golden ticket laying on the sheet under the comforter. That golden ticket will get them a nice, warm, cozy seat on the "Tahoe Express". They'll run out and climb aboard (after turning in their ticket, of course). In their seats they will find freshly popped popcorn...

and a little goodie bag filled with some Christmas candy favorites. We'll play Christmas music and sing carols and travel around the town looking at all of the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations! Pure joy! And did you know that you can buy 3-D glasses specifically made for viewing Christmas lights? Who knew! A surprise for the eyes. They magically transform ordinary Christmas lights into magical shapes and messages. Too cool!

And then when we're done looking at all of the fabulous Christmas lights and enjoying our nice family time, we'll stop off for some hot chocolate before heading home.

Doesn't this sound like fun? What fun things do you and your family do to celebrate Christmas?

5 Shout Outs:

Krisinda said...

Hmmmm...maybe we'll do this next year in place of the $16/person train tickets we bought for something similar to the Polar Express!!!

Jenny said...

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! I'm not sure what we're going to do as far as looking at Christmas lights this year. I'm sure there are some great decorations here in Manhattan, but it's not really cozy to drive around in! I love the ticket idea, though...have to figure out how to work that in to something...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

What a great idea??? Sounds like the kids will have a great time and I'll bet this is one tradition they will remember their whole lives. Makes me wish I had little ones at home. I'll share this idea with Carrie; Audrey would love this!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great idea! We are in. My kids will love this. I am going to get the 3d glasses as well. Do you know where to get them?

Stefanie said...

Jeanni, I would try various drug stores or party supply stores. If you can't find them anywhere locally...you can buy them online at amazon.com