"Um, mom...this one has dirt on it. Should I throw it back?"
This is the cool picker upper thingamajigger!! You don't ever have to bend over. EVER!! It even deposits them right into your bucket. Cool!!
You just have to somewhat forcefully plop it down over the walnut and the next thing you know... your walnut is trapped inside the fancy contraption. Once again, I say "COOL!"
Look at those three boys, aren't they WONDERFUL?
Jack was momentarily distracted by this huge tree branch on the ground. But our strong boy had no problem lifting that sucker off of the ground.
This little hand crank machine splits the walnuts in half for you. It leaves them with very little clean up. No little silver tooly thing for us. Mom, you know what I'm talking about.
Jack's giving the crank a terrible yank!
And VOILA...shelled walnuts!
When in the course of human events...
12 years ago






3 Shout Outs:
Cool! I want some walnuts! We used to gather pecans in our park back in Leander. We'd run into people with these things that looked like wire baskets (like a whisk) on the end of a long pole that worked similarly to the thingamajig you used, only it was designed for pecans. We always used kids' hands, though...then I didn't have to buy anything...can't beat free! :)
Was Johnny Rebeck with you when Jack gave the crank a terrible yank? It sure looks like that would be a fun thing to do. When you send my watch back, include some walnuts.
Ahhh, I was hoping you and/or Jenny would catch that. I was thinking of good 'ole Johnny when I typed that caption. I'm not sure how much walnuts weigh and mine have all been partially cracked open but I'll see what I can do!!
Post a Comment